The What Matters Most? Series are key conversations around the craft of helping adults develop and grow up into Christ.
Mark your calendars for these free upcoming What Matters Most online events! Each 90-minute event will begin at Noon CT.
|November 17||Life Story: What Matters Most?|
|February 16||Life Rhythms: What Matters Most?|
So many of us do not think we have what it takes to mentor others well. We often think mentoring is only for specialists and experts. But it is not. Spiritual companions are ordinary people. They ask questions. They listen. They pray with us.
The world desperately needs men and women willing to humbly come alongside others and make space for deeper discovery on the journey.
Join Rob Loane and Pam Edwards as they unpack what they are learning about mentoring relationships, mentoring barriers, and practical skills for cultivating deeper spiritual conversations.
There are two different opportunities to attend:
The ticket costs start at $20 for one and discounts begin for groups of 5 or 10.
There are many topics we could be learning about these days, so we hope these sought-after topics are helpful and encouraging to you.
• Adult Learning: When leading a group of adults, how can I best engage them?
• Leadership Development: How did Jesus develop leaders and how does that apply to us?
• Spiritual Formation: Keith Anderson shares how we are formed in the ordinary-ness of our lives.
• God is Already Up to Something Good: Kirsten Waldschmidt and Vic Gordon joined the VP3 team in talking about this assumption, where we see it in the Scriptures, and how we are to join in.
• Life Transitions: Scott and Beth Shaum, Barnabas International, shared parts of their stories of life transitions and ways in which they identify and process these transitions.
If you are thinking about leading an online group, we encourage you to listen to this recent event. We talk about how building friendships and trust within a new group can take time. Building this within an online group might seem next to impossible. You will gain insights and tips as well as answers to some of your questions before you launch your own online Bible study, small group, or VP3 group. Questions such as:
There are a lot of voices contributing to how to “be” during this disorienting season. Perhaps too many voices. Consider with us what it could look like as we explore Jesus’ hospitable, particularizing, deepening, and patient way with others – socially distanced.
What am I to do as a leader when life simply does not make sense? These seasons will come, and they often prove to be very trying, isolating, and confusing. But they can also be heightened times of learning in our lives and for our leadership. How are we to respond faithfully? There are ways we can learn to navigate such times.