Beginning with The Journey, VP3 provides a context and a process in your community for an extended conversation about God, ourselves and where we fit in God’s kingdom work in the world.
WHAT IS THE VP3 PATHWAY?
Exploring who God is, who we are, and what God desires to do through our lives. (22 sessions)
Learning what it means to sustain a lifelong apprenticeship with Jesus. (21 sessions)
Learning to guide other adults toward a deeper maturity in Christ. (21 sessions)
WHY THE VP3 PATHWAY
One is hard pressed to find a time in history when the church has gone more places and proclaimed the gospel more widely than over the past several decades. Yet amidst all these efforts, there is a growing realization today that we are just skimming across the surface. Something needs to change in the way we develop our people (leaders or otherwise). If you care about growing deeper and helping others grow deeper, the VP3 Pathway is for you.
- A PERSON-CENTERED APPROACH—the goal is the holistic development of people not the mastery of material.
- A JOURNEY OF DISCOVERY—adults learn most effectively what they discover for themselves.
- AN INTEGRATED APPROACH—A wealth of biblical, historical, and formational wisdom brought together into an accessible experience.
- A GROUP OF FELLOW TRAVELERS—trusted community is an essential condition for maturing in Christ.
- A PRAYERFUL APPROACH—learning “to keep company with God.”
A fundamental truth of adult development is that it is a slow and deep work that requires a long patience. Some things simply take time. Transformation of the person is more likely to come about with good questions in good company over time.
–Randy Reese, founder of VP3
HOW DO WE GET STARTED?
The Journey is the gateway process to The VP3 Pathway.
Since VP3’s founding in 2000 more than 12,000 people have participated in The Journey. It has served as a catalyst to awaken, deepen, and ignite men and women toward greater kingdom living and influence. In order to lead a Journey group in your community, you and perhaps other leaders will need to be trained as VP3 facilitators. VantagePoint3 places a high value upon the preparation of those who facilitate this person-centered process.